The church is located In the middle of town. This typical cruciform church in east-west direction was built from 1872 to 1874. The spire is a St. Andrew's cross as the earlier medieval church was dedicated to Saint Andrew.
Store Mosse is a national park that comprises the largest untouched marshland south of Lappland. The park is 15 x 12 km in extent, and the vegetation here is similar to that of the wilderness of Norrland. The park offers more than 40 km of trails and boardwalks.